Canada has emerged as one among the most favored nations for overseas students who seek global standard overseas education. Below are all details that you need to be aware of regarding the Canada Student Visa.
The eligibility criterion for Canada Student Visa Application:
- You must be accepted by a Designated Learning Institute in Canada
- Your Canada Visa Application Process begins only after you receive the acceptance letter from the university
- You must prove that you can cater to all financial aspects that include tuition fees, living expenses, and return flight tickets to your home nation
- You must make the immigration officer understand that you will exit Canada upon completion of your studies
- You must demonstrate that you possess good health. A medical examination may be needed for this purpose.
- You must not have any past criminal history or background
Documents necessary for the Canada Student Visa Application:
- Original Letter of Acceptance from an educational institution in Canada with the valid number for being a Designated Learning Institute
- Valid identity proof for the principal applicant and all accompanying family members including latest passport size photos, date of birth and name
- Proof of Funds – This could include bank account details in a bank in Canada, bank account transactions details for last 4 months, proof of student loan from a financial institution etc
- Letter of explanation that gives details of the reason for applying for a study permit even if it is not required in your case
- Additional documents that may ask the visa officer such as medical test results and clearance certificates from the police
Canada Student Visa Application process time:
Student Visa Application Process time will be calculated from the day application is received by the CIC till the date of final decision. There is no particular time or day for keeping a check on the processing time. Processing time tool is updated overall on a weekly basis by the visa office. All applications filed online can be checked through the My CIC account that also requires you deposit your fee.
As far as paper applications are concerned, these applicants are also required to possess a My CIC account. They can receive real-time and detailed information regarding the status of their application here.
If you are looking to Study in Canada, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate contact Y-Axis, the world’s most trusted Immigration & Visa Consultant.