Overseas students who have obtained admission at a German university must first check if they need to apply for Student Visa for Germany. Students from many nations are exempted from the Germany Study Visa and they need only a residence permit. In case you do need the visa you must apply at the earliest. The reason is that the visa processing takes a couple of months.
Students from the EU who intend to study in Germany do not need a student visa before arriving in Germany. These nations include Liechtenstein, Iceland, Switzerland, and Norway.
You will need a Germany student visa if you are not from exempted nationalities for a study visa. The local German Consulate or Embassy must be contacted for applying to the study visa for Germany. You must apply at least 90 days in advance for the German student visa.
The documents that will be required for the study visa to Germany are:
- Two photographs
- Valid passport or travel documents
- Transcripts of the academic credentials
- Fully furnished study visa application form
- Acceptance letter from a university in Germany
- Certificate demonstrating that you have procured health insurance
- Declaration of authenticity of documents that have been furnished
- Evidence for ability to support monetarily during the stay in Germany (around 8, 700 € every year)
- German language proficiency certificate. You can alternatively give proof that you intend to attend German language course
Based on the German Embassy you may also need evidence of not having a criminal record. By depositing security amount in the blocked account you can give evidence for adequate funds. You cannot withdraw money until you arrive in Germany from this account. It is one of the ways to prove that you possess sufficient funds to study in Germany, as quoted by the Top universities.
You must apply for a National Visa if you intend to study in Germany for more than 3 months. You must not choose the Schengen visa in this case. This is because it permits your stay only for 3 months in Germany. Apart from your study visa, you will also need the residence permit on arrival to Germany.
It is legally authorized to work in Germany with the study visa. However, the numbers of days of work are restricted. It is 240 half days or 120 full days annually.
If you are looking to Study in Germany, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate, contact Y-Axis, the world’s most trusted Immigration & Visa Consultant.